Skip to main content

Bird Q&A

Found a Bird?

Please see Resources page for phone numbers of any organization we reference below.

What do I do if I find an injured bird?  (i.e. can’t fly, shaking, not moving, missing feathers, etc.)
Gently capture the bird then put it in a safe container (box with holes or kennel). Then contact your nearest Wildlife Rehabilitator. A list of Colorado's Licensed Wildlife Rehabilitators can be found here.

What do I do if I find an injured hawk or owl?
Please call Birds of Prey.  Leave message if they do not answer. You can also call the Colorado Division of Wildlife.

What do I do if I find a baby bird?

What should I do if a bird is trapped in my house?
Turn off all the lights. Open up a door to the outside that is bright. Help guide the bird toward the light. If the bird is caught in a place you cannot get to and it cannot fly, please call Urban Wildlife.

How can I volunteer?
Please fill out the application for volunteering. You may fill out the application directly on our website, or download the form then send it to 

Wild Bird Rescue & Rehab
P.O. Box 101133
Denver, CO 80250